Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I MISS MY FRIEND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wl9LEjyPbU



My ex-boyfriend and I broke up after a 3 year relationship. We were very close friends before we started dating. For use of a better word, he was my best friend. And in all honesty, while we were just friends, it never crossed my mind that I could date him. I guess that’s usually the case. To cut the story short, we broke up a while ago and of course I do have moments when I miss him, but I still think I made a right decision leaving him. So I expected that things would go back to normal, like before we started dating.

 Problem is ex-boyfriend refuses to even be friends with me. He is actually taking the breakup worse than I expected. Initially, i thought he would get over it but its been months now and he is yet to. He says why would he accept being friends with me when he knows he could have had more. At some point after the break up , he even refused to talk to me or see me. Problem is, I do not feel I have lost a boyfriend, I feel like I lost a friend.

Before and after we started dating, we were very close and discussed everything discussable under the surface of the earth. He used to be the first person I would call if I had a problem or if anything was wrong with me or If I needed to share a laugh with someone. I can’t do that anymore because he does not want me to, he does not want to keep in touch, he would rather things were civil and formal. So I’m finding it hard to understand his sudden change in attitude. Is he being selfish or trying to hurt me or what? Or am I the selfish one? Why can’t things just go back to the way they used to be, prior to when we started dating?


 I don’t have that much friends and I’m not the type to easily open up to just anyone. I do not really have friends I can open up to, and I’m the sort that really needs to connect with someone before I can share personal details with them. I have not had that sort of connection or close understanding with anyone of late so i'm kind of upset with him. I miss the laughter, the good times shared together, the arguments, but above all I miss my friend. Advice anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Awww :-( I can only imagine how difficult it is for you at the moment. Is there any chance the two of you could get back together? Looks like you really liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @prism, yes i really liked him. but i don't think we can ever get back together. i would just love us to remain good friends

    ReplyDelete